The Perform Academy are pleased to announce its first collaboration with the Miss Kick Foundation in North-West London.
The girls football programme at the Perform Academy was set up in September 2020 with a focus on providing girls aged 5 – 16, from the local community an opportunity to play football in a safe and fun environment. In addition to the school, Perform have established a coaching programme aimed at developing and training more female football coaches.
Some of the highlights of our 12-month journey so far, include:
- 100+ girls participating in the soccer school in North-West London.
- Participation is reflective of the richly diverse community.
- Weekly structured football sessions are now in place to support and encourage girls to play regularly.
- Awarded Middlesex FA accreditation.
- The programme hosted our first ever Summer Festival in July 2021 aimed at celebrating girl’s football.
- The academy delivered its first ever female coaching programme in partnership with Motiv8 Sports and Fitness, supporting 10 female coaches from Stanmore Jaffreys Ladies in Spring and Summer 2021. The delivery focused on developing confidence in planning and delivering, where they are in their coaching journey and their future aspirations.
To kick off this collaboration, Perform Academy and Miss Kick Foundation are proud to be hosting A Game Day for HER on the 27th November 2021, where we will be teaming up to deliver a fun and engaging girls football festival.
Moving forward our joint ambitions will be to:
- Strengthen and enhance the delivery at the flagship soccer school in NW London
- Explore the opportunity to establish satellite centres both regionally and nationally,
- Roll out coaching courses to clubs and communities to assist and support others with setting up their own clubs
- Establish partnerships and collaborations with organisations to reach out to ethnic minority communities and
- Promote, raise awareness, and celebrate women and girls’ football as part of the Euro 2022 legacy.
We have big ambitions and are thrilled to be teaming up with the Miss Kick Foundation to make a real difference for her and her community.